Fall Indoor Weekly Programs
We are so excited to finally get back to indoor volleyball! This fall we will offer grade 4-10 weekly beginner and intermediate programs and we are adding a club/development team tryout prep program for intermediate and advanced girls in grade 7/8 and 9/10! See below for more information about our competitive development teams! We have room in all programs. Once a program sells out, we will update this page and the registration form!
Osborne Centre, UBC (6108 Thunderbird Blvd)
LATE FALL SUNDAYS (Oct 17, 24, 31, Nov 7, 14, 21)
Grade 4/5/6: 9:15am-10:15am (beginner, intermediate, advanced) $189.00
Grade 7/8/9:10:15am-11:45am (beginner, intermediate) $240.45
Tryout Prep: Grade 7/8: 11:45am-1:15pm (intermediate, advanced) $240.45
Tryout Prep: Grade 9/10: 1:30pm-2:45pm (intermediate, advanced) $240.45
Maximum registration per program: 42 players (must pre-pay to reserve spot)
Shaughnessy Heights United Church, 1550 West 33rd Avenue
Maximum registration per program: 12 players, must pre-pay to reserve spot (1 court).
*If your child is advanced, feel free to register him/her in an older grade than their current grade.
What to Expect:
Smash sessions consist of 50% skills and 50% games and the games often have a skill focus (for example, extra points for executing a certain skill that was developed during that session). We use a positive coaching style which means we reinforce positively what we want the kids TO do instead of focusing on errors. We encourage and reward good teamwork and team culture and we are always finding ways to improve everything about our organization. Groups will be put together based on friend requests and by similar skill/age.
Competitive Development Team Information:
Smash development team tryouts will be held November 28th, 2021 and December 5th, 2021 between 9:00am and 3:00pm for 13U, 14U, and 15U girls teams. We highly encourage kids that do no make Thunder Volleyball Club to make Smash development teams their next choice! In 2019 our 13 teams (165 players) competed hard and won many matches against local club teams at club playdays (at SFU, Douglas College, and Richmond).
Why choose Smash competitive development teams over Vancouver club teams (other than Thunder)?
1. Our coaches are engaged and positive
2. We have equal playing time
3. Our fees are significantly lower than other clubs
4. Tournaments are local
5. At least 75% of kids that attend tryouts will make a team
6. One practice per week allows multi-sport participation in the winter months.
7. Teams will have the option for one travel tournament (USA, Vancouver Island or Okanagan) and we will host a final club tournament at the end of March or early April, 2022!
8. Alignment with Thunder Volleyball Club (philosophy, tryout process, coordination). Dozens of Smash development team players have gone on to make Thunder teams the following year!